Sunday, October 15, 2006

Magic Bus of Purpose

Last night was quite an adventure, many dreams, one running into the other...

The one I remember the most was about the Magic Bus of Purpose.

Can't recall how it started, but I was with some people, and we werelooking for something. We are outside some houses, in a typical suburban tree-lined street, like ‘Wisteria Lane'. Two of the cars are ours and we have yet to find what we are searching for. So we move onto the car in the next driveway and are rummaging frantically in the trunk. I feel that the thing we are searching for is very urgent and will save a life.

Suddenly a man comes along, sucking on a lollypop. Sandy brown hair, blue jeans and a shirt, he looks very harmless. We tell him that the person whom the car belongs to, is not at home, so he should come by some other time, all the while acting as if we are not doing anything illegal.

He doesn't say anything, just nods and starts walking off. I can see him pressing some button and suddenly, gunshots are being fired at us from the house. I realize that the car belonged to that man and he was onto us.

We see a huge double-decker Bus coming down the road and we jump onto it, to save our lives. It’s full of people, and I realize all the passengers are there for a purpose, they have a reason and a right to be in the bus. The bus driver/ conductor comes along to ask me my reason, and I know that unless I find a place to sit, I will be thrown out of the Bus.

To my relief, a man in the second-row scoots over and offers me a seat besides him. I sit down and pretend that I am confused and unsure of why I am there, to the bus driver. He reassures me, that I will soon remember and understand what my purpose is.

As he moves to the front to drive, I decide to stand with him to get some more information about this peculiar Bus. While we are chatting, two small children - a boy and a girl come to talk to the bus driver. They point outside and insist that they want to get off and go home.


We are now at a completely different location. It’s a rural countryside, not many lights. There’s a school where people are heading to, for a candleligh
t vigil. Apparently the two kids were lost, got picked up by the Bus and their purpose to be in the Bus was to find their way home. I could see the parents of the two children walking over to the school. As the bus driver explained this to me, he got off and headed towards the school with the two children.

The Bus driver was gone, but the bus was still moving along the road and we are now in the middle of a busy street, cars honking around us as the bus swung from one side of the road to the other. I grabbed the steering wheel and started driving the bus, just keeping it moving until he came back.

Somehow, impossibly, we were on a narrow, winding mountain road, with a drop on one side and the mountain on the other. The path was so narrow, that only two people could walk on it, yet somehow, I managed to keep the bus moving safely. Suddenly the path ends, a part of it has broken off, so there’s a big gap and a sheer drop. I know I can’t drive the bus anymore and I ask aloud to the bus driver, whom I know can hear me “How can I drive across this gap?

He’s back in the bus and answers me “Don’t worry, I will teach you, it’s quite easy. Walk straight down with your knees bent and then when you’re towards the end of the drop, straighten your body.” He demonstrates as he walks with his body L-shaped and then he’s crossed the divide safely, almost like Spiderman. I plaintively think, “Well that’s all fine when you are walking, but what if you have to drive this huge bus?

Anyways, I’m back in the driver’s seat and we are on another road, the driver standing next to me. He tells me “Well you have found your purpose, your reason to be in this Bus. It’s to replace me and drive this Bus. No driver can leave this position, until the next one comes along. Few years down the road, another one will come along to replace you, and that’s how that’s how the process flows.

And that’s it; I am now the new Bus driver, picking up people, who are looking for their purpose in life.

That was what I had been urgently searching for…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home